Monday, June 27, 2011

Updates

It's been a while...

Last week I was in St. Louis, MO, for work. I discovered that living in California for even a short amount of time makes one forget the misery of humidity. Well, I was quickly reminded of what I was "missing" when I stepped off the plane in St. Louis. Ugh!! How did I have live in that?! Thankfully, barely, it rained on Tuesday and lightened the heat/humidity combo a great deal for the rest of the week. And I was most grateful!

We booked our venue last weekend and signed the paperwork today! Hearts Home Farm in Hemet. I'm so very excited about this step in the wedding planning process. I feel like I can move forward on everything now. When we give our first half payment I'll get the info for contacting the bakery, florist, and food people. Since HHF is all-inclusive, the list won't be that big and, if I keep it simple, there won't be any extra fees. I think there will be with the florist as the description provided for what is included is NOT what I'd envisioned for my flowers. But I'm hoping the fee won't be too much more.

I've also been talking with our photographer. (this was an included service, but we opted to use one we're familiar with) The contract should be signed with him this week and hopefully get an engagement session planned/scheduled before the end of August. I'm so excited that it's all coming together finally!!!

I joined Weight Watchers last month. I'm down about 7 pounds!! I'm very happy about that. It's hard to keep up with the travel, but that was one of the reason's I chose them. With moderation I can pretty much eat whatever I want (which is what I did last week in St. Louis, unfortunately). I'm getting back on track this week and will be adding more exercise to the mix (there's been a few limitations on that the last few weeks...but that's another story for another day). And I'm going to attempt some new recipes. I'll try to remember to post the ones that work.

Well, that's all I've got for now.

Hugs...

2 comments: