Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year in Review, And a Look Ahead

I've been fairly consistent in not posting lately, since about June/July is when I started slacking off. There really hasn't been a good reason, especially since I found myself with some much time after the beginning of July (see This post for why). You'd think that having more time on my hands would allow for more blogging. But I think I just didn't feel like it.

Despite a new job, that I love, I think the last part of the year was a bit of a funk for me. I was holding steady in my weight loss, but not losing any more. I was training for a new job. And then I was in school, too. I don't know that I really felt like writing anything, despite having plenty to write about.

But 2013 was a good year. I am no longer traveling on a bi-weekly basis. I'm not longer traveling at all! I work a half mile from my current home. And Mr S had a couple of great opportunities pop up at his job as well that sweeten his resume up nicely should a promotional opportunity come about.

Looking forward to 2014, I have a lot of plans. I start back to work on the 2nd. I start back to school on the 6th. I'm working on a budget to reduce our debt. We'll be moving...not sure to what yet, house or apartment (our rent is going up and this place isn't worth the increase). It just feels good looking forward.

I'm not giving up on my weight loss goals. I am, however, starting fresh. I'll still be doing weight watchers, and I'll get more focused on what I'm doing. I'm also working out with a co-worker and her roommate twice a week. And I'll start supplementing in between with my own stuff at home or at the complex gym.

Hopefully you'll see me on here more often. I've changed schools, though, so I don't know what my work load will be like with my new classes. But I want to be more active on here. Not so much for you, though I do enjoy the interactions I get from time to time, but for me. I want to document my life, and writing by hand just exhausts me thinking about it. LOL!

Here's to a new year and new beginnings and great things for all of us!

Happy New Year, dolls!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment