Friday, October 31, 2014

A not so Halloween-ish Manicure


Despite my disappointment with the Julep Mystery Box in September, I am still addicted to them. So I ordered the October box when it came time, as well as a couple add-ons. And I was not disappointed.

However, I do not have a picture of what I got. I did use two of those colors for the manicure, though.

Anyway...

Once again I took inspiration from Pinterest (Link):


And this is what I came up with:

And here are the colors I used (sorry for the bad lighting):

My base is one of my new Julep colors:  Dana (a white with a blue shimmer, that can't really be seen in this picture). The darker stripe is also a Julep color from October: Ledi (a black with a bit of a black shimmer...that cannot be seen in the manicure). I have three other colors in stripes, though you can really only see two:  Ulta - Glam Session, OPI - Brand New Skates, and Kiss Silver nail art.

Now, here's the fun part. I did this mani on Wednesday morning. I am now two full days in and we are still holding strong to the nails!! (if you've been around here long enough, you know that is a big deal for my nails) I even did dishes yesterday!!  HOORAY!!!  I changed up my bottom/top coat and so far so good.

Well, that's it for me this week. I'm back-logged in nail pictures, so I may actually have nail posts the next two weeks! They'll be older manicures, but at least I'll be posting.

And, as always, linking up with the lovely Jennie Shaw and the rest of the lovelies for:

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

Head on over and show off your digits!

Happy Friday!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous mani, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! This turned out really well!! It may not be Halloween-y, but it sure works for fall and winter! Great collection of colours, too.

    ReplyDelete