Monday, August 15, 2011

Wedding stuff

I have, once again, learned not to judge a book by it's cover. The bakery Hearts Home Farm uses is Jodee's Bakery & Cafe in Temecula. It's off the beaten path...as in I've NEVER been down this road in Temecula before...ever! And I wasn't impressed with their website and the photos offered there. I was very nervous about this adventure. But then I found their Facebook page and got much relief (more cakes...nicer looking cakes). And once I met Malinda on Saturday, all my fears dissipated.

Our package with the venue includes a cake in a certain style up to 90 people. So we were given a look book of cakes that meet that requirement. Found a few liked and ultimately went with a three tier design for 100 people in square tiers (we had to pay extra for the square and 10 extra servings, but not too much). There is a picture of the round version on my vendors page (just envision without the bird's nest on top).

Then we got to taste the cakes!! We tried four different combinations and picked our three favorites.

Bottom: Orange Cake with Midori Liqueur Drizzle and Mango Filling
Middle: Apple Spice cake with Caramel and cream cheese filling
Top: Chocolate cake with Belgium chocolate in two fillings and salted caramel in the third filling.

I can't wait to have this cake!! I hope there's enough for me to have a slice from every tier!!


(for more wedding info and pics and all that fun stuff, check out our wedding website)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment