Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Life update :)

I can't believe it's been over a month since the last post...and that I only have 32 days until I marry the love of my life!! Where has all the time gone?!?!

Well, let's see if I can fill you all in on all that's happened.

As of Sept 1 I'm officially back with CSU. It started in motion when I was in Atlanta in August and everything was finalized by Sept 1 and the process of re-adjusting started. I'm not in the Learning Partner department, which is great. And while I'll still be doing a lot of traveling (every other week) I'll get to do a lot of that in my local area and be back in my own bed at the end of the day...which will be great as a newlywed. :) Since the switch I've made two trips already: Bakersfield area and Fresno area.

I got an early wedding present from Mr S: a Canon EOS Rebel T3i (Digital SLR Camera)!!! I'm so in love...with the man, of course...but the camera is pretty FANTABULOUS too!!

We bought/ordered our wedding bands. Mine is just a simple band that wraps around my ring. Kind of hard to do anything fancy with mine since it's the design it is. His is a Tungsten Carbide and very nice looking as well.

My parents were here two weekends ago. They came in on the 28th of Sept and left Oct 2. It was so nice having them here, even if I couldn't take time off to spend the day with them on Thursday and Friday. But I take off early on Friday so I could have some more time with them. They went with me for my dress fitting so they could see the whole get up (they'd seen it in May when I took with me, but it looked much better having it on properly and such at the bridal store). And mom helped me pick out a different veil. We also went shopping for mom to get her dress for the wedding, which we found at Macy's! She looks fantastic in it!!

And, while they were here, I had my wedding shower at my future step-mom-in-law's place!! So much fun!! Distant family-in-laws were there as were friends. My Mom was there, which was the best part! I loved that she got to be a part of some of the wedding stuff while she was here. It's been a little hard having her 7 hours away while I plan the wedding. But I'm glad she got to be here for the fitting and the shower. And they'll be back the week before the wedding to help as well.

Last week I was in Fresno, so nothing exciting. Mr. S pre-ordered my new phone on Friday. Yup...I'm finally jumping on the band wagon and getting an iPhone...and I couldn't be more excited!!! It should arrive this Friday and I can get it all set up before the weekend.

Oh, and Mr S is AMAZING!!! Not only did he pre-order my phone. He also bought me roses, that were waiting for me when I got home on Friday. And he bought me "The Lion King" on blue-ray last week and "Dumbo" on blue-ray this week!! He is slowly helping me with my Disney movie collection! I love him!! :)

I think that's it...you are now up to date with my life. :)

Hugs...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great camera! We love our DSLR too! Sounds like good times!

    ReplyDelete