Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Life update

I seem to go in spurts with posting lately. I'm really not super busy, so I don't know what my problem is. I'd like to say that I'll try harder, but I probably won't. Sorry. I want to, but I'm not going to make promises I may or may not keep. I think it's the new job...my morning routine is different now that I work noon - 9 pm. And I'm not home all day like I was in my last job...where some of my posts would happen during my work hours (kind of like this one now...it's a slow night).

So what's been going on lately? Quite a bit, actually. Or at least that's what it feels like to me.

Work is great, as always. It's so nice to work for an organization that truly cares about its employees. Annual reviews are coming up. They do them all at one time, regardless of when you were hired. It's kind of nice that way. And I'm sure it's easier for HR than to keep track of over 500 employee's hire dates (I honestly have no idea how many employees there are...that's just a guess that includes full and part time faculty).

Mr S got a promotion/position change. His current job position, and all the other people that hold the same title as him (about 150-300 in our area alone), will be losing their jobs in September thanks to corporate restructuring. Last month Mr S put in for another position with in the company and was chosen! His first official day is in two weeks. He'll be a part of public affairs, so he'll get to go out into the community and promote some. It will be a change from what he's used to, but also provides a lot of growth and advancement potential within the company.

In March we moved into a smaller apartment to work on saving money and getting out of debt. Our goal is to be in a place to start the house hunt in either December or January.

I started back taking classes online through my current employer. I'm working to my bachelors in Marketing and, if all goes according to plan, should graduate December, 2016! It seems like a long ways off, but I'm still very excited about it all.

My weight loss journey/struggle continues. I fell off the wagon this year and I've gained back 10 of the 15 I lost. But I got back on track yesterday and I am determined to keep at it!

So there is the latest update.

I hope all is well with everyone!

Hugs...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment