Friday, May 16, 2014

The Nail Files - From Pinterest to Real Life

While browsing Pinterest one day, I found this lovely mani:
(here's the link:  pinterest )

I fell in love with the colors. And I've been wanting to do an ombre, of sorts, on my nails, I just haven't had the patience to go through my colors to find the right shades.

A couple days after pinning, I found myself by a Sally's Beauty Supply. I had some extra change in my pocket (goin' jing-a-ling-a-ling), so I stopped in to see what I could find. They didn't have the OPI colors listed on the picture, but I found some similar in Finger Paints (which I'd never bought before).

Here's what I came up with:
(forgive the icky edges...I had not cleaned it up yet when I took the picture)
The colors are a little darker, but I still love it! On the index and pinky is Finger Paints Masterpiece of Minimalism, on my middle finger is Sketch Me, and the thumb and ring finger is Rockin' Renaissance (which is actually a texture polish that I didn't realize until I put it on...but it totally works). This is definitely a combo I'll try again. And the colors would be great solo, too!

As always, I'm linking up with for:

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg


 Come join in and share your mani/pedi with the rest of us!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is a great interpretation - nice job!! Love the inspiration pin too!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Pinterest--there's endless inspiration! Great interpretation, too!

    ReplyDelete