Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday's Thru the Lense

This is a special edition of Thursday's Thru the Lense.

First, the picture:



And now the story...hold on folks, it's a little long.

We planned a trip to Disneyland because our friends would be there with their son for his first visit. As we were leaving the apartment for breakfast, Stephen ran back upstairs to "take a Zyrtec". I waited in the car thinking it doesn't take 10 minutes to take a pill. (Back story here: I found the ring a this past Friday in our black box of momentos when I went to put tickets to a musical we went to in there.) So I know he's getting the ring and when he comes back down I'm looking at his pockets to see if its there. Well, there's no markings that indicate a box or ring are there, but it looks like crumpled tissue in his pocket...so I figured he'd wrapped it in a tissue. He gave some excuse about dropping the pill and not being able to find it for why it took so long. Whatever...

After breakfast we head on our way and meet Keri, Kevin, & Kaden inside Disneyland. We wandered a bit, then road Peter Pan, then wandered some more. As we were making our way back to Main Street, we heard the Mary Poppins band playing and saw Mary Poppins and Bert dancing so we went to watch. We had tried for pictures earlier (Kaden's first time) but it was too crowded so we decided to try it after the singing and dancing was done. So I take their camera and take some great pictures of the three of them. Then we trade places. Keri was our wonderful photographer. She took a couple of normal shots then told us to take a couple funny shots. So we're joking around then all the sudden Stephen says, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you". He pulls the ring out of his pocket and gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him!

I have to admit, aside from the "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" I have no idea what else he said! LOL!! I started to cry, people started applauding and saying "he's proposing" and all I could see was him on one knee. It was perfect!!

And this little figure is something I collect from our trips. They're called Vinylmation and it's become a bit of an obsession for me. This particular one has Cinderella's Castle on the back, and it's a chaser to the Cutesters series (chasers are rare bonus figures). It was like the perfect ending to the perfect day and I just had to capture it on film. :)

And here we are after the proposal:



*so happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment