Monday, July 30, 2012

Christmas in July

Those of you who know me know that I love Christmas. I was so excited the other day to walk into Hobby Lobby and see that they've already started putting out Christmas stuff. If I had all day, I would craft Christmas to my heart's content. But I don't, so I have to do what I can when I can.

Another Christmas love of mine is Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments. As many of you know, Hallmark releases their ornaments in July. I really am very excited!  As in:


I really don't know where to start! I think the only downside is that they tend to run over $12-15 each and when you want about, oh I don't know...20 or so...it tends to get pricey. Like own special budget each month pricey. My justification in this, though, is that there are about 2-3 (OK, 2) that I buy for other people:
 Star Trek for the hubby.

And cupcakes for my mom.

The rest are for me!!
 Frosty Fun Decade (3rd in series)

Mickey's Christmas Carol (4th in series)

Visit from Santa (4th in series)

These are the five I've kept up with for the past four years. There were three series I wanted to start last year (Pixar Legends, Angels Around the World, and Twelve Days of Christmas), but due to budget restraints (aka - saving to marry the man of my dreams), I was doing good to keep the series I'd started going. So I'm looking for them online at a reasonable price. The Partridge in a Pear Tree ornament from last year is already selling for almost $50! But that was the one I wanted most, so I may just have to bite the bullet on that one. I'm not too concerned about Pixar and may just buy the ornaments from the movies that I can't live without. Last year was UP, this year is Monsters Inc. I'm OK without those, but I will need Brave and possibly Cars when/if they come out.

Now, if I were only going for the five continued ornaments and picking up last years starters and this years seconds, I might be fine. But this is where Hallmark gets me/you. They continually put out new series!
Cookie Cutter Christmas

Holiday Lighthouse (plugs in and lights up)


Mickey's Movie Mouseterpieces

Really, what's a girl to do!? Guess I'll just have to buckle down and save those pennies. Cause I don't know if I can let these little gems go.

We just might need a second tree this year!
*ornament pictures taken from Hallmark website; gif taken from photobucket*

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment