Monday, December 3, 2012

It's been a while

I can't believe it's been almost two months since my last post. Yes, I am slacking here, some. But in my defense A LOT has been going on!

October:
I left on the 15th for Florida/Alabama for a week in office and Graduation for the school I work for on the 19th. The 20th, one of my best friends got married and his lovely bride had asked me to be bridesmaid. I flew home on the 21st only to leave again on the 22nd, this time for the Bay Area. While there, my grandmother passed. A quick change of plans had my flying to Arizona on the night of the 24th. I finally got home on Monday the 29th.

November:
I left on the 5th for Minneapolis and returned home on the 9th. Then, on the 11th, Mr S and I left town to celebrate 1 year of wedded bliss! We came home on the 15th. We then whisked away to the in-laws on the 16th to puppy/house sit while they were gone for a week, returning to our own home/beds/chaos on the 24th. And last week was a mix of settling back into the normal routine and getting better from the colds we both had during November.

Needless to say, it's been a little crazy around here lately. And I head out of town again on Monday for our annual week of training in Alabama.

Thank you, to all my followers, for sticking with me in my absence. I'd love to spout promises of I'll do better and it'll never happen again. Okay, well, I will try to do better. But I'm not going to set myself up for failure by saying it will never happen again. We all know better than that!

There will be some changes coming to the blog. The first will be the background. As you can see, I've not had time to create my own so I'll be putting something I like back up here...soon!

I'm also considering changing up some of the things I do around here. I'm planning to keep So What Wednesday and Friday's Nail Files (for as long as they continue, at least). But I'm looking at ideas for topics for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. (I'm undecided on if Through The Lense will stick around.) My current ideas are: a recipe testing/review day, documenting my weight loss journey that will beginning after the holidays (like the rest of the world, I know...but I've got to do something!!), a monthly short story or poetry entry, a book review once a week, and maybe even a video blog (v'log) every now and then (should I invest in a webcam).

Anyway...stay tuned for new and exciting things coming to the blog.

Hugs...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment