Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday's look back

So this week didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to in a couple places.  However, my biggest achievement was that my Thank You Cards got mailed on Monday.

The biggest thing I'm working lately is myself = diet and exercise.  Let me just say that it didn't happen this week.  AT. ALL!  I think the healthiest things I ate this week were the fruit cups, clementines, and diet Pepsi.  And my exercise consisted of walking up and down the stairs a couple times when I left the apartment twice this week.  Yeah...twice!

I'm also working at being a little more organized when it comes to cleaning and meal planning.  I created this great little worksheet from different ideas I found around the web.  I have a space for our daily cleaning schedule, meals for the week, what laundry gets done when (so I'm not doing 4 loads on one day), important things for the current week (birthdays, events, etc), and a look ahead to next week's events (like the fact that I'm out of town three of the five work days).  It went great the first two days (I'm not counting Sunday because we were out all day Sunday).  I did the laundry load, cleaned what needed to be cleaned, and kept to the meal plan.  And then it kind of exploded after that.  My biggest reason is I am lazy.  There, I said it!  I'm a lazy procrastinator and it is my undoing!!  I know what needs to be done and I have great intentions of doing it, but I just want to sit on my bum and watch TV.  And there's really nothing on TV that needs to be watched!

I did, however, cook up a couple of pretty spectacular meals on Tuesday and Wednesday night (I'll post them later).

So, despite being gone two nights and three days this coming week, my plan is to get back on the schedule and do what needs to be done.  I hate scrambling at the last minute for dinner.  I despise cleaning the entire house in one day and then doing 4 loads of laundry in one day.  I think the best way to handle it all is to develop this plan to fit our needs and stick to it!

My other project is finishing my degree.  I'm currently enrolled in an online program and working towards my Bachelor's in Psychology.  And I'm enrolled in a class this term.  But, again, procrastination and laziness have taken over and it's a sheer miracle I'm pulling a B in this class!  But I have to get my work done early this weekend because I'll be at a work function the night it's all due for this week's assignments.  Maybe it's a good thing the hubby is sick this weekend...we won't be going anywhere and I'll have no excuse not to do it!

And that's the final episode of this week.  Mr S came home early from work Thursday night sick.  And he stayed home yesterday in misery.  I think he's finally on upward climb after his fever broke last night sometime (he was running 102 at 11 pm last night).  But we were contemplating the ER to figure out what was going on...he just doesn't get sick like that.  So this weekend has no plans but grocery shopping and school work for me why Mr S gets his health back.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

Hugs...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment