Friday, June 1, 2012

Nail Files - Week 22

I thought I'd try something a little different this week.  I used the Sally Hansen Salon Effects for a change.  I found some on clearance at Target a week or so after Easter and finally decided to give one a try.

Day of Application (5/27):
Left Hand


Right Hand





The edges are a little rough, but not bad for my first time using these things.  They're actually pretty easy to apply (I did have a few issues applying to my right hand but it's mainly because I'm right handed and can do NOTHING of use with my left hand...seriously, if I ever broke my right hand/wrist/arm...I'd be SCREWED!!!).


They did pretty well with regards to how long they last.  They advertise that they last for up to 10 days.  Here's what they look like today (6/1):
Left Hand



Right Hand


You can't really see it because the color is so light, but I do have some chipping on the tips of my right index and middle fingers.  But other than that (and some growth at the cuticles), these did a fantastic job of lasting.  I didn't use a base coat or a top coat mainly because the instructions didn't say anything about it.  I may use a top coat next time just to see if it'll help the tips any.

I'm very satisfied with these!!  I even got a few compliments from random folks in the week I had them on.

I've linked up with Tara & Vicki for this post.  Come check out the other nail color enthusiasts and link up with us!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I don't use a base coat with them because they don't apply as easily. I don't find you need a top coat. They are going to chip regardless. They are definitely great for those who have trouble painting the other hand. I recommended them to my sister who has 2 kids so doesn't have the patience to let her nails dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i really like them too!

    ReplyDelete