Saturday, June 8, 2013

Catching up

This is going to be a post about as many random things I can think of to catch you up on the happenings of Ring Manor.

* Mr S is currently in Andalusia, AL. He was chosen to help train a new outsourced call center that will be based there. So for all of you that HATE getting someone that doesn't speak fluent English when you call their call center (including yours truly), I can assure that Cox Communications doesn't outsource overseas!

* I feel like I did when I was single...trying to fill my days with activities so I'm not bored. The only difference is I'm not single. I'm married and my husband is in the South, which is, ironically enough, where I was born and raised.  Weird.

* I am LOVING the song Remix by NKOTB! I mean, seriously, how have I not heard this yet? Oh that's right...my car radio doesn't work. And I didn't actually hear it on the radio, I saw the video on the morning videos of MTV while in Alabama for a day for training. Yes, MTV does do videos...if you're up early enough for them.

* Speaking of AL for a day, instead of coming home after my last trip, I headed to AL to spend a week with Mr S. He had actually left for AL while I was spending the weekend with my parents. I'm so glad I did. It makes this 4 week separation go A LOT faster. We're down to two weeks!

* I have a calendar in the kitchen where I'm crossing out the days until he comes home.

* I'm pretty sure I'm inching closer to having truth to the saying "Million Dollar Smile". (Is that even something that is said anymore?) I went to the dentist a few weeks ago for "routine" cleaning. I haven't been to the dentist in about 5-6 years (GASP!!). It was DISASTROUS!! The x-rays he did showed that I have about 12 cavities...yes 12!! With one of them being so bad he wasn't sure if he should fill it or just go straight for a root canal! It breaks down like this:  4 on the upper left, 4 on the lower left, 2 on the upper right (where the bad one is), 2 on the lower right. And they're all IN BETWEEN the teeth! Let that be a lesson to you all - FLOSS!!! I'm pretty sure I have flossed more in the last 3 weeks than I did my entire life. I hate flossing. It make my gums bleed. I know, if I'd do it more often, my gums wouldn't bleed. WRONG!! My gums bleed when I brush my teeth...and I do that every day. (okay, maybe wrong in my opinion...but that's what I'm going on here.)

* I had my first in a series of 3-4 procedures yesterday, costing me $370 (with insurance). Dr M did the fillings on the right side. It took a little over an hour. Thankfully, he has a nice flat-screen monitor over the chair and I could watch a movie. That helped take my mind off the process. And, thankfully, he used some MAJOR numbing agent. I didn't feel a thing! (I have a very high tolerance to these things...local anesthetics don't usually work so well on me.) I also don't do very well with having my jaw in certain positions for long periods of time. Needless to say I took some advil when I got home.

* The next two procedures, hopefully, won't be as bad since the cavities on the other side of my mouth aren't as bad. There's more of them, but they aren't as bad. But they'll also cost me about $350 each. And that's with insurance.

* The fourth, and final, procedure will only be if it is determined that I will need a root canal. Which, I guess, is based on if I have more pain in the tooth after the filling has had time to settle. I really don't understand it all.

* I treated myself to a Chick-Fil-A Cookies & Cream milkshake on the way home. It was 21 points. It was worth it after what I went through!

* It's my first weekend without my husband and I have no idea what I'm going to do to keep me busy for two full days! I might hit up the in-laws for some time by the pool tomorrow.

* I'm considering buying a "DIY" gel manicure set. I'm looking that Nailene's SensatioNail kit. I really like the Sally Hansen nail strip set because it looks a little easier and is cheaper. But the SensatioNail set has more colors avaialable. And I found a coupon online for $10 off.

I think that's all I've got...for now. I'm not sure where this blog is going just yet. I know I don't get on here as much as I used to, and I want to. I just don't seem to have the motivation lately. But I'm hoping that will change this week.

Stay tuned, y'all!!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment