Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - Week 10

I passed another milestone this week: 15 pounds lost!

234.5 was the weigh in this morning.

To reach my March goal (20 pounds lost), I have three weeks to knock off the final 5 pounds. I can totally do this!

What I really need to do is step up the exercise, though. And that, for me, is the hardest part. I hate working out alone. And I get super bored on the treadmill, eliptical, and stationary bike. I've even taken my iPad and watched TV while using those to work out. Still nothing but boredom.

It may be time to break out the Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred again. That woman is a beast and the work out KILLS. But it's an amazing work out. And I NEED to do something besides just watching what I eat.


I do, however, feel like the weight is coming off, finally. My dress pants aren't as tight when they're first out of the dryer. Same with my jeans. Which is so nice! I'm not going to buy any new clothes until I have to, though. Money isn't really there, for starters, and if I'm going to keep losing there is no point in buying every time something gets loose. Besides, I actually have 3 pairs of pants in the closet, along with about 8 work shirts (thanks to a double order by mistake...theirs, not mine) that I can't wear right now but should be able to when I reach that 20 pound mark. So I'm really okay on the clothes front until I get more along the 40-50 pounds lost (which is my ultimate goal).

For those who don't know my full details, I'll fill you in. I'm 5'8" and started this journey weighing almost 250 pounds. That is 95 pounds more than when I graduated high school in 1997. The funny thing is I thought I was fat then, too! I really wasn't, though. I was the average weight for my height and bone structure. I just wasn't fit. When I started to work out in Junior College, I never lost weight, but I toned my muscle and looked more healthy than flabby. I loved it!! But somewhere over the years of living on my own and not really caring, I gained 95 pounds. Admittedly, I gained the last 25 in the last two years.

My goal is not to be the 155 pound girl from High School again. I don't think that would be a healthy look for me anymore. My ultimate goal is 175, which is 75 pounds less from when I started this journey. But I have little "big" goals along the way. The first is 20 pounds. And I'm so close I can feel my motivation kicking back in. Next will be the "I weigh 200 pounds" mark. After all, that's what my driver's license says! That would be the weight I was when I moved and when I met my husband. From there my final goal will be that last 25 pounds. I honestly believe I can do that before the end of the year.

So my goals for this week are:
1.  Activity!! I believe I'm at the point where just eating my daily points isn't going to really help anymore. I need to get active. Either in the work out room here at the complex, or by using a video/game in the apartment. But I need to focus on getting about 30 minutes of work out in 3 or more times this week.
2.  Develop a plan for next week. I'm on the road again next week. This time, though, I'll be way out of town...Sacramento area. So I need to figure out where I can and can't eat. And make sure my hotel has a fridge so I can shop for food to eat at the hotel!

Thanks for hanging in there with me. I know it's not the most exciting of topics, but putting this out there is more for me than you. Sorry, but you had to know that. This is my way of keeping track of what I'm doing. And if it helps someone else out there along the way, well, that's pretty fantastic too!

Happy Monday, y'all!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steph! Congratulations on your weight loss so far, that's AWESOME! I work for a diet and fitness website, so I'm totally familiar with your "setting 'little' BIG goals" approach - we call them "mini-goals" on my site. If you're getting bored on your cardio machines, try doing some cardio intervals instead! You do them faster and in a shorter amount of time than a typical "long" cardio routine - so you get your heart-rate ramped up in a much shorter amount of time. I don't want to seem spammy at all so I'm not going to post the links to my site's "cardio intervals" resources, butttt I'd definitely recommend doing a Google or YouTube search for some interval ideas! It's so important to keep changing things up and trying new exercises or workouts until you find the one that's perfect for you, the one that you look forward to doing, the one that you think is FUN! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I was planning on looking at your nail polish post too, when I stopped by, but I got distracted by this weight loss post!! :) Congrats again on your success so far!!

    Now, on to the nails! ;)

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete