Monday, April 30, 2012

New series coming

For those of you that know me personally, you know that I travel for my job.  For those who have never met me except to read about my life here, I travel for my job!   

I started working with my company in 2003.  At that time there were only 25 employees and, at 24, I was the youngest (a title I retained for almost 3 years and we now have over 300 employees).  When I was hired, I was originally supposed to fill the position of receptionist.  That lasted 2 days.  My soon-to-be boss discovered I had accounting knowledge and pulled me into Business Affairs where I was to spend the next 4 years.  Just after my 4 year anniversary, there was an opening in our Marketing/Outreach department for a travel rep.  After seeking approval from my current boss and discussing the job requirements with the potential new boss, I applied and was accepted.  And I've been doing this for 5 years now.

I tell you all this because I'm going to start a new weekly post:  Tuesday's Traveler.  Tomorrow will, probably, be my first post in the series.  There will be stories, tips, and anything else I can think of.  There will be humor, I can promise you that. I have had some great experiences, and some not so great experiences (flight from hell via Chicago my first year traveling...more on that later). And, if I can take any that would apply to the topic or I want to build a topic around (like the travelers wardrobe or hotel views), there will be pictures.

I've been wanting to share some of my travel stories here, and I'm just now getting around to it.  Hopefully I can remember all that I want to say. If there is a traveling topic you'd like for me to cover, please let me know.  Just remember, I've only traveled in the continental US so far.  I can't give you anything about Hawaii, Alaska, or International travel...yet (I'm really hoping to add Hawaii to the list of places traveled by next year).

Stay tuned...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment