Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dinner and Dessert

I went all Betty Crocker last week. I think I shocked my husband cause I am not a cook. Now, I CAN cook, I am just not a fan. And I am not a fan of experimentation in the kitchen (that's Mr S). If I'm going to spend that much time on my feet over a hot stove, I want to know it's going to be good. So if I'm going to attempt something new, it will be well researched for reviews of the recipe to see if it's worth it.

Well, I found two that I decided to try:
and

*links will take you to my pinterest page and from there you can find the recipes I used*
**if it wasn't almost 10 pm on Tuesday night and if I wasn't on my crappy work laptop, I'd do the recipes for you...and I may still later...but I dont' feel like typing it all out right now...sorry**

The changes I made to the pasta were using whole wheat spaghetti, pre-cooked and then frozen shrimp, steamed broccoli, and regular Italian dressing (couldn't find the brand in the recipe). Everything else was "by the book". Here's what I got:

 

It was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. But then I'm extremely partial to just about anything with shrimp (except coconut shrimp).

On to Dessert!!

I made no changes. Many of the recipe variations I read said use two egg whites, which I did. Others did not use eggs. Somthing about the egg whites making them a little fluffier. I don't have anything to compare it too, but I will say they were pretty good. Also, this can be done in cake form or cupcake. I did cupcake as I figured it'd be easier to do my points with. Toppings are optional...I went with 1 Tablespoon Fat Free Whip Cream and Strawberries:

  

Let me just say...AH.MAA.ZING!! And husband, approved...which is always a bonus!

Both were easy and required very little prep (thank you pre-cooked shrimp and steamable broccoli).

The pasta ended up being about 4-6 points per serving (it will vary what changes you make and the size of your serving). And the Diet Coke Cake was 0 points per cupcake, but 1 point for two. Even with the Fat Free Whip Cream and Strawberries.

Happy Eating, y'all!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment