Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - Week 19

I really can't believe it's been 19 weeks since I started this journey. Part of me feels like I should be further along...and I probably should be. But I also know that weightloss isn't just a down hill journey. There will be some ups along the way (with regards to weight, not emotions).

*Epiphany - for every down you have in weight, you have an up in emotions. And for every up in weight you have a down in emotions. I'm sure there is some kind of "scientific" theory here that can be related, but it's too early and I haven't had enough coffee yet.  :)

On to the stats:

Today's Weight:  232.7
Difference:  -1.2
Total Lost To Date:  17 pounds.

I know this probably would be less if not for yesterday. We celebrated mother's day with my in-laws. And there were chips and dip. Chips and dip are probably my biggest weakness. I could, literally, sit around all day with a bag of chips and a container of Dean's Ranch Dip and be happier than a hog in slop (Southern euphanism). However, those binges are what got me where I am today. Unfortunately that means I have very little restraint with regards to chips and dip on the table. I tried to be good yesterday, and I did have some success...I didn't eat as many as I normally would. But, also unfortunately, there weren't any healthy alternatives out to pull my taste buds away (like fruit). Had I know that going in, I may have had Mr S stop for a fruit platter to "contribute" to the day.

And that leads me to today. Once again I find myself in an airport bound for someplace other than home. I have a lot of driving ahead of me today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Which means munchies. So one of my goals this week is to find healthy alternatives to satisfy my munchie cravings when I drive.

I also brought my work out clothes. That means another goal will be attempting to get some consistency with the work outs this week. At least getting more than one in.

And, as always on these trips, making wise food choices.

Goals:
1.  Healthy, filling snacks while driving
2.  Work out at least 2-3 times this week
3.  Meal/restaurant planning for better food.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Let's make this an amazing week!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss progress! 17 lbs down is wonderful! Good for you!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete