Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spa Day


Monday I had my first spa experience. Women…if you have not done this yet, I highly encourage you to book yourself some time at a spa. Men…if you love your women, do this for them. Don't just do it once. Do this for your lady multiple times during the time you are together - Birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day (if it applies), Valentine's Day, Anniversaries, or just whenever because you love her!

I'm not talking the little massage parlor where you go in, strip, get your massage, get dressed, and then leave (although, on a limited budget, these are still pretty spectacular). I'm talking the full experience:  fluffy robe, slippers, sauna options, hot tub options, and whatever service you're having done!

My in-laws got me a day spa discounted massage or facial (my choice) at one of the local wineries in town for Christmas. It expires in three weeks, so I figured it was time to use it.

I have never had the spa experience before. I've had massages, but like the ones I mentioned above. They were nice, don't get wrong. I walked out feeling amazing and relaxed.

However, I don't know if I will ever go back to that. Everyone was very nice. I was given a robe and "slippers" (more like jelly shoes, but they got the job done), then shown around the women's locker room. There were showers (with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash provided) with towels available. They provided hair dryers and combs if you needed them. There were two saunas - a dry one and a steam room. And there was a lovely hot tub/whirlpool (whatever you prefer to call it). 

If you purchase a 50 minute service, or longer, you have access to all these wonderful things, along with the pool and cabanas (for a price…pool is free) all day. ALL DAY!! 

Now, I read that on my voucher, but didn't really think that would be the case. So I showed up an hour before my appointment. And sure enough, I had run of the place (with in reason). However, today was a rainy day so there was no pool visit for me. But I did decide I was going to use the hot tub after my service.

Now, I've had massages before but never a facial. So that's what I went with this time. It was amazing! To just lay and relax and be pampered is such an amazing experience. I really don't know how to describe all of it. You'll just need to experience it for yourself. I will tell you that part of my experience was Moroccan oil treatment for my hair. My hair now smells amazing and I don't want to wash it anytime soon!

And after, I enjoyed the hot tub and rinsed off in the shower (which had 5 different jets). My voucher also came with a complimentary glass of champagne or wine (I did the wine), truffles, and a bottle of White Zinfandel to take home.

I got there at 2 pm and left about 4:30 pm. Had the day been more sunny and less overcast, I may have tried to stay longer and enjoyed pool side and a late lunch (which I could also have ordered while waiting upstairs for my facial). But I'm not one to sit around when there's nothing to do, even if it supposed to be a relaxing day. But next time I will be more prepared for a longer day of poolside lunch and maybe a sauna sit.

And I will be dropping hints to the hubs about a spa visit for my birthday at the end of the month. Maybe a spa package of some sort - maybe a mix of a facial and/or massage and a mani/pedi. You know, something that requires I take the full day!

Again, if you haven't done this already, I highly recommend you pamper yourself!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh my goodness this sounds DREAMY. SIGN ME UP. RIGHT NOW.

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete