Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Birthday Weekend

For those that don't know me personally, I am a holiday baby. I was born on Memorial Day weekend. Those of you who are also holiday babies (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.), you know what it's like:  no one is in town for birthday parties and everyone that is in town has other plans with their families. I don't remember many birthday parties as a kid. I think it may be that I didn't have many because of the holiday. I pray that my babies aren't holiday babies. And if they are, I will do everything in my power as a mom to make them feel special on their day like my parents did for me!

I am usually a bit of a birthday whore (apologies to those that don't like this word, but there really isn't much other way to describe it).  I LOVE the attention of being wished happy birthday.  In fact, I tend to rate your level of friendship to me on whether or not you text/call/comment on Facebook a happy birthday to me.  However I DESPISE being sung to in a restaurant.  No idea why...I just do. I will even wear a birthday pin at Disneyland/California Adventure and have random strangers and cast members wish me happy birthday.  But don't you DARE get the servers at a restaurant to sing to me. I will not be held responsible for my actions.  I digress...

This year, unlike years past, I have been just "blah" about my day. Maybe because it actually fell ON Memorial Day this year. Or maybe I'm finally growing out of being a birthday whore (HA!). Whatever the reason, I just wasn't into it this year.

But that was OK because I convinced Mr S to take Friday and Monday off (tech support doesn't take a break for a national holiday) and go with me to Arizona to see my parents. It was great!! I haven't seen them since the wedding in November, so it was definitely time. And while there wasn't a big to-do with them over my birthday either, Mom did make her signature 3-Layer Chocolate Cake (at my request).

 
Amazing...as always! 

So here's how the weekend went down:

Friday Mr S & I left at 7 am for AZ.  We got to Mom & Dad's about 3-ish.  BLTs for dinner followed by presents (some kitchen stuff from the wedding registry) and a trip to Wal-mart (in reverse order).  Mr S & I saved our pennies and dimes to buy my parents a new TV and Blu-Ray player.  Such a delight blessing them with something they needed so badly.  We spent the rest of the night setting it up, and the computer Mr S built for them, and making sure all worked the way it should.

Saturday we all ventured to Prescott for lunch at Red Lobster (birthday girl's request) and some shopping.  Saturday night we just chilled at the house and watched the newly set up Netflix on the new TV.

Sunday was breakfast at Georgie's followed by a quick grocery stop. That night we had steak and potatoes for dinner (another birthday girl request) and more cake.  Oh that cake is so good!

Monday Mr S & I left at 6 am and got home about 2 that afternoon.  Since it was my actual birthday we had a little celebration:  sushi for dinner and I got a new charm for my bracelet:

Pandora Camera Charm


While it was a bit of a whirlwind with all the driving we did on Friday and Monday, it was such a great weekend. I loved spending time with my parents and my husband.

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weened too!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment