Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday's Traveler - Mornings

Let me just tell you...I am NOT a morning person.  At. All.  It requires a full cup of coffee and some me time to just adjust my brain to the fact that my body isn't in bed anymore. 



I am very blessed - I work from home.  Because of this, I am also very spoiled.  I start my day at 7:30 AM.  I get out of bed about 10-15 minutes later.  My work day starts at 8 AM.  It is very nice that my office is 10 steps from my bed and there is no dress code.  I do work a full day:  8 AM - 5 PM Monday through Thursday and then 8 AM to 3 PM on Fridays (as does the main office in Alabama).

Unfortunately, because I travel for a good portion of my job, this doesn't really help me when I'm out of town.  And yet, somehow,  I do what is needed.  I'm up 2 hours before my first stop (or attempted stop).  I really don't know what it is that allows my body to adjust so quickly to being on the road.  Or what it is that tells it I'm home and don't really need to get up two hours before work just to "wake up".  I can't explain it.  I even had another travel rep for another company ask me how I did it when I mentioned I wasn't a morning person.  Maybe it's just that I know I've got to do what I've got to do and that is motivation enough.

Now if I could just harness that thought process into my school work, I might actually make an A in this class.

Safe travels to you...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment