Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday's Tasties - Buffalo Chicken Pizza

A couple weeks ago, I attempted this recipe from Emily Bites. But without the Blue Cheese. However, I will admit, it was missing something (I put red sauce on the hubby's side...I am not a huge fan of red sauce and can do without most of the time).

The only store in my town that sells the Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Wedges is Albertson's. Since I was there Monday, I snagged some, as well as the rest of what I needed.

Here's how this goes...

What you need:
Cooked chicken (recipe calls for 1/2 cup, I did 8 oz) cut into small pieces (cooked via plain ol' boiling in salted water)
2-3 Tbsp Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used Franks)
3 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Wedges
1 Boboli Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (as far as I know, it only comes in one size...you'll know it when you see it)
3/4 C Mozzarella cheese (I used 1/2 c, as I ran out, and it was reduced fat as I'm trying to lose weight)

What to do:
* Cook your chicken! Again, I just boiled mine till it was white through. You could probably cook it anyway you want to, though.

* Preheat oven to 450
* Cut chicken into small pieces.
* Spread Blue Cheese across crust, leaving about an inch around the edges.


* Spread cut chicken over blue cheese.
* Sprinkle 2-3 T of buffalo sauce (I only did 2, but you can do more if you prefer - Mr S added A LOT more to his when he got home from work).
* Spread Mozzarella cheese across top (I mixed up this one and the previous, but it still worked).


* Place on foil covered baking sheet (or pizza stone or straight on oven rack - you're preference) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
(Sorry...no after picture.)


The way you cut it is how many servings it will yield. I cut into fourths as it's just Mr S and I. Cut this way, it was 8 points per slice. Original recipe serves 6 and is 5 points per slice (she had more cheese than me thanks to my running out).

Review:  Definitely tasted better with the Blue Cheese as the base. I may only use two, next time, though. Also, original recipe calls for chopped celery in the mix, but I've left it off both times. This recipe is husband approved, which is very important for it's repeat-ability in this house.

Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment