Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday's Tasties - Broccoli Stuffed Chicken

I'm going to attempt to do a new recipe every week. Even though I'll be gone every other week for work, my plan is to have them ready to post automatically on the weeks I'm out of town. Here's hoping that plan stays on course!

This week's creation is Broccoli Stuffed Chicken. I had some leftover thin-sliced chicken breast and I remembered finding a few recipes where they were used with various "stuffings". And since I had some broccoli that needed to be used, here's what I came up with.

What you'll need:
one egg
some panko
broccoli
toothpicks
cheese of choice (I used mozzarella)
chicken
9x13 pan
cooking spray of choice (pam, etc)

What you do:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your 9x13 pan with the cooking spray of your choice.
* If your broccoli is frozen, like mine was, steam/thaw it (I was using a bag of Green Giant steamables, so I microwaved them). Then chop the broccoli up into small pieces - I used our Ninja Master Prep and pulsed a couple times (I LOVE our Ninja Master Prep...if you don't have one, GET ONE!). Put your egg, beaten, in a container big enough to dip the chicken in. Do the same with your Panko.


* Lay out your chicken. Put a layer of cheese then a layer of broccoli.

* Roll the chicken so the broccoli and cheese is inside. Hold together with a toothpick, or two. (Sorry, no picture...my hands were nasty)
* Dip chicken in egg then in Panko (this is tricky because the inards want to come out, so be careful...or you can stuff them back in when you place on the pan). Coat with Panko to your preferance. Place in 9x13 greased pan.


* Bake for 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.

* Serve and enjoy!

This recipe will probably make 4-5. I only had three pieces left so that is all I got out of it. If my calculations and entries in the recipe maker are right, each piece should be about 5 WW Points Plus each. The variations will be what kind and how much cheese is used and how much chicken. I'm planning to make it again this week and I'll be more mindful of measurements as I go. Look for an update!

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment