Friday, August 31, 2012

Nail Files

To my loyal followers, sorry that I went MIA for the most part of this week. I'm traveling the Phoenix, AZ, "country-side" and it is just wearing me out every day. And I'm late on two more school assignments (which I should be doing now). Which means when I get back to the hotel, I have to my end of day stuff AND school work to keep my grade somewhat afloat. Ugh...

Anyway...on to the real reason for this post:



So, I found a black polish this week for a reasonable price (didn't feel like spending over $5 for something this week):



It's Maybelline "Onyx Rush". And that is only one coat (however, my coat my be different than everyone else - drop the brush all the way in, let it drop once, then start painting). I like this! It has the tiniest hint of shimmer to it, but not a full on glitter-fest.

In other news, can someone recommend a base coat that makes for a great strengthener? I've been using Essie "Grow Stronger". But as you can see my by random nail lengths, it is clearly not doing it's job properly. In Essie's defense, I wasn't wearing her for the better part of the week. It is never a good idea to travel without proper nail protection...especially for my brittle nails!

Well, thanks for joining with me this week. Come on over to Tara's place and join in the rest of us and show us what your nails look like!

**For those that may (or may not) be wondering, I haven't posted any Julep colors lately because I've declined my last two boxes. July was Mr S birthday and August, well, you saw what I did with my Julep money in the Ulta store. Maybe September will be better.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a pretty color! I am loving dark colors for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. black nails are always a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete